Welcome to the website of writer Ted Kosmatka.
Novels by Ted Kosmatka
Available NOW: Prophet of Bones
A science thriller in a world where creationists won.
"An expansion of one of Kosmatka’s most compelling stories…offers a good deal of fast moving fun."—Locus Magazine
"Gripping, dark, and well written…Kosmatka paints in broad strokes yet still nails the details…this is a compelling juggernaut of a read."—Library Journal
"An exciting alternate-universe thriller… readers will gulp this on down."—PW
"A near-perfect blending of traditional thriller and alternate-reality scientific and theological fantasy… has best-seller written all over it."—Booklist, Starred Review
Available now: The Games
In the future, genetic engineering becomes an Olympic event.
Named one of the best books of the year by Publishers Weekly.
Nominated for a Locus Award for Best First Novel.
Other recent works featuring Ted Kosmatka:
- “The Color Least Used by Nature,” selected for reprint in Strahan's Year's Best anthology.
- The Chinese translation of “Blood Dauber” now available, Science Fiction World Translations, 2012.
- “The Color Least Used by Nature,” translated into Polish, Nowa Fantastyka, 2012.
- The Games is released in bookstores, April 2012.
- “The Color Least Used by Nature,” was published in F&SF, Jan 2012.
- “Divining Light” was translated into Chinese and published in Science Fiction World Translations.
- “In-fall” was selected for reprint in The Year’s Best Science Fiction, edited by Gardner Dozois.
- “Blood Dauber” was nominated for the Theodore Sturgeon Memorial Award.
- “Blood Dauber” won the Asimov’s Readers’ Choice Award.
- “Divining Light” was nominated for a Nebula Award.
- The Russian translation of “Divining Light” is now available in Esli Magazine.
- “Divining Light” was broadcast on radio station WRFR 93.3 lp/ Rockland, with Paul Cole, Beam Me Up, 2009.